Advanced Practice Provider Primary Care Fellowship
Intermountain Healthcare, formerly HealthCare Partners Nevada, offers a competitive Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Primary Care Fellowship with a geriatric focus that accepts two fellows each year. Our 12-month program includes clinical time under the supervision of a preceptor, rotations through specialties, weekly didactic lectures, and weekly reviews with the preceptor and program director.
We develop outstanding APPs to provide innovative and compassionate healthcare and to be the future leaders committed to improving the health and quality of life of the residents of Southern Nevada
- Competitive salary plus opportunity for commitment bonuses and eligibility for incentive compensation bonuses after one year
- Acclimate to the role of a healthcare provider under the close supervision of an experienced provider
- Continue to develop knowledge base with clinical and didactic learning experiences
- Effectively assess, diagnose, and treat patients with increasing complexity in a primary care setting including new myGeneration Senior Clinics
- Increase understanding of Medicare Advantage versus Fee-for-Service models, as well as basic knowledge of billing and coding
- Become more familiar with HEDIS measures and how to implement guidelines into practice
- 8 to 10-hour days, four to five days a week, Monday through Friday (no rotations on holidays*) — this schedule encourages a proper work-life balance
- Admittance of two graduates to the APP Primary Care Fellowship ensures tailored instruction and a comprehensive educational experience
Your Fellowship Mentors
- Warren Volker, MD., Ph.D., M.S., F.A.C.O.G; Intermountain Healthcare Chief Clinical Officer
- Robert J. Vadovic, RN, DNP, APNc, Medical Director; Intermountain Healthcare Program Director APP Fellowship
- Ida Will, RN, APNc; Sunridge Heights Clinic Faculty
- Chet Whitley, MPAS, PA-C; West Craig Clinic Faculty
- Ashlyn Call, DMS, MPAS, PA-C; Galleria Clinic Faculty
- Aysa Charvarria, RN, MSN, APN-C, Lone Mountain Clinic Faculty
Apply Now for our Primary Care Fellowship
The fellowship is open to:
- Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA) who has met the advanced educational and clinical practice requirements to be considered a graduate of a certified APRN or PA program within the last 12 months or employed as an Advanced Practice Provider for a maximum of 6 months.
- Candidate must be board-certified as a PA with National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or
- Family Practitioner (FNP) or Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner by either the American Association of Nurse Practitioners or the American Nurse Credentialing Center
- Must hold a valid unencumbered Nevada license as either an APRN or PA and
- Must not be currently working or worked in the past as an APRN or PA.
Applications must be postmarked or time-stamped on or before March 1, 2020, and include the following:
- Completed and signed APP Fellowship application form
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of good standing from an accredited university
- Three letters of recommendation (on letterhead) with at least one from a faculty member of the graduate program and one from a current or previous employer.
Primary Care Fellowship Application
Applications can be submitted via email or by mail. Certified mail is recommended.
Attn: Robert Vadovic
770 East Warm Springs, Suite 300
Las Vegas, NV 89119
The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Program Director and admissions committee will review all applications. Qualified candidates will then go through an interview process with the program director, medical director, operations director, and admissions committee