Advanced Practice Provider Primary Care Fellowship
Intermountain Healthcare, formerly HealthCare Partners Nevada, offers a competitive Advanced Practice Provider (APP) Primary Care Fellowship with a geriatric focus that accepts two fellows every six months. A new cohort begins each January and July. Our 12-month program includes clinical time under the supervision of a preceptor, rotations through various specialties, weekly didactic lectures, opportunity to participate in a research project, weekly reviews with preceptor and program director, and a dedicated GME program coordinator.
We develop outstanding APPs to provide innovative and compassionate healthcare and to be the future leaders committed to improving the health and quality of life of the residents of Southern Nevada
- Competitive salary plus opportunity for commitment bonuses and eligibility for incentive compensation bonuses after one year
- Acclimate to the role of a healthcare provider under the close supervision of an experienced provider
- Continue to develop knowledge base with clinical and didactic learning experiences
- Effectively assess, diagnose, and treat patients with increasing complexity in a primary care setting including new myGeneration Senior Clinics
- Increase understanding of Medicare Advantage versus Fee-for-Service models, as well as basic knowledge of billing and coding
- Become more familiar with HEDIS measures and how to implement guidelines into practice
- 8 to 10-hour days, four to five days a week, Monday through Friday (no rotations on holidays*) — this schedule encourages a proper work-life balance
- Admittance of two graduates to the APP Primary Care Fellowship ensures tailored instruction and a comprehensive educational experience
Your Fellowship Mentors
- Warren Volker, MD, PhD, MS, FACOG; Intermountain Healthcare, Nevada Chief Clinical Officer
- Robert J. Vadovic, RN, DNP, APN-C, House Calls Medical Director, APP Fellowship Program Director
- Ida Will, RN, APN-C; Sunridge Heights Clinic Faculty
- Chet Whitley, DHA, MPAS, PA-C, Craig Clinic Faculty, Associate APP Fellowship Program Director
- Ashlyn Call, DMS, MPAS, PA-C; Galleria Clinic Faculty
- Aysa Charvarria, RN, MSN, APN-C, Lone Mountain Clinic Faculty
- Nathania Park, RN, MSN, APN-BC, Nellis Clinic Faculty
Apply Now for our Primary Care Fellowship
The fellowship is open to:
- Nurse Practitioner (APRN) or Physician Assistant (PA) who has met the advanced educational and clinical practice requirements to be considered a graduate of a certified APRN or PA program within the last 12 months or employed as an Advanced Practice Provider for a maximum of 6 months.
- Candidate must be board-certified as a PA with National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or
- Family Practitioner (FNP) or Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner by either the American Association of Nurse Practitioners or the American Nurse Credentialing Center or sit for your boards at least 1 month prior to beginning the program.
- Must hold a valid unencumbered Nevada license as either an APRN or PA or submitted your application and are pending review and approval by the board. PAs are encouraged to apply to both the Board of Medical Examiners and the Board of Osteopathic Physicians.
- Must not be currently working or worked in the past as an APRN or PA, or have worked for less than 6 months as an APP.
Applications must be time-stamped on or before 5pm Monday, September 13, 2021, and include the following:
- Completed and signed APP Fellowship application form
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of good standing from an accredited university
- Three letters of recommendation (on letterhead) with at least one from a faculty member of the graduate program and one from a current or previous employer.
- Personal head shot or photo
Primary Care Fellowship Application
Applications must be submitted via email by Monday, 9/13/21 at 5 pm PST to APPFellowship@imailnv.org.
After your completed application is received, you will be contacted by our GME Program Coordinator with further instructions. Due to the competitive nature of this program, all candidates will be sent a link to complete a self-guided video interview. The video interview will be used to determine which candidates will progress to in-person interviews. The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Team and Admissions Committee will review all applications. Qualified candidates will then be invited to interview in-person with the program director/medical director, operations director, and admissions committee. We accept two fellows for each cohort.
Monday, 7/12/21 – Application period opens
Monday, 9/13/21 – Application period closes; no further applications will be accepted
Thursday, 9/16/21 – Deadline for video interview completion
Monday, 9/27/21 – Decision/notification of in-person interviews
Wednesday, 10/13/21 – In-person interview day for selected candidates
Friday, 10/15/21 – Final decision made/announced
Monday, 1/12/22 – Program begins/fellows start orientation
For questions or concerns, please contact our GME Program Coordinator, Veronica Tomlinson at APPFellowship@imailnv.org or 702-671-6875.