Explore care management options below.
Care management comes with a wide array of benefits, including:
- Coordination of your healthcare
- Development of an agreed-upon treatment plan with your primary care provider
- Information on available community resources
- RN monitoring and ongoing assessment of your care needs
- Assistance to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes
- Health education dependent on your individual needs
Complex Care Management
Complex care management is the process of coordinating care for patients who are identified as having significant medical care needs that may be acute or chronic in nature. Complex care management also involves the proactive management of anticipated medical situations.
The process encompasses:
- Care coordination
- Anticipatory guidance
- Targeted education
- Support in behavioral changes
- Coordination and maximization of benefits with your health plan
- Assistance transitioning new patients into a plan or assisting patients with other care, if necessary, when benefits end or upon termination of providers.
Complex care managers develop plans of care, based on patients’ needs, in conjunction with patients and their families, physicians, or ancillary providers. Episodic issues requiring coordination, support, and education are also addressed through this department.
Social Worker Services
Intermountain Healthcare also employs social workers who are available to assist you with your social and financial needs. Get a referral from anyone within our healthcare provider network, and our social worker will call you and/or your family members to schedule visits.
Services through our social workers program include:
- Assistance with obtaining community resources
- Financial assistance with medications and other needs for qualified patients
- Finding alternative living situations
- Coordinating services not covered by insurance
Qualifying for Care Management
If you’re interested in receiving care management services, you may request a referral from your primary care provider during your next visit. You may also self-refer by calling the care management department directly. Post-referral, our care management team will review your medical record and call you to discuss your eligibility for enrollment.
In the event of complex care management, qualifying patients may also be identified through claims analysis.
For more information or to refer a patient to our care management program, contact the care management department at 702-479-4800